Parish Council meeting - dates and venues
- 18th April 7.30p.m Annual Parish Meeting followed by Parish Council Meeting at Edlesborough Memorial Hall
- 16th May 7.30p.m Annual General Meeting followed by Parish Council Meeting at Edlesborough Memorial Hall
- 20th June 7.30p.m at All Saints Church Hall, Dagnall
- 18th July 7.30p.m at Edlesborough Memorial Hall
As ongoing thefts of jewellery and electrical items are still occurring the Police advise that jewellery is protected from being stolen by:
- Ensuring your home looks occupied when you are out - use a timer switch to set a radio and/or lamp to come on and ensure that jewellery is not left on display.
- Ensure that your home has good window and door security, double lock uPVC doors even if going out briefly.
- Always activate an alarm system at night and when you leave the property.
- Photograph your jewellery. By doing this the police will have a clear description of the items if they are stolen.
- Use forensic marking to identify your jewellery. Further information can be found at www.securebydesign.com
- Ensure that all of your jewellery is adequately covered by your insurance.
To reduce costs the gas supply to the Memorial Hall is being changed from British Gas to E-on.
The new 'No Parking access required at all times' has been installed on the bridleway gate.
A survey is being carried out when children have to cross Dunstable Road to get to Dagnall School with a comparison of the numbers and type of vehicles travelling in Dunstable Road at the same time. When completed this will be forwarded onto Bucks CC to ascertain whether a patrol crossing can be justified.
Several pot holes have been attended to and the Parish Council are currently in discussion with Bucks CC as to when the remainder will be dealt with.
There has been a large increase in the number of streetlights malfunctioning during the winter months and these are or have been attended to. In order to reduce the call out charges it has always been the Parish Council's decision to wait until there are at least 2 or 3 lights not working before calling out the Contractors and parishioners are requested to be patient as the lights will be attended to within a reasonable period of time. Anyone wishing to report a faulty streetlight should contact the Clerk, details below.
A few allotments around the parish have been re-let and there are a few others still available. Please contact the Assistant Clerk if you are interested in taking on an allotment.
Vale of Aylesbury Plan
The South East Plan was due to be revoked on 25th March. The Aylesbury Vale Plan will then go out for consultation.
The introduction of a new recycling and food waste scheme has led to a dramatic increase in recycling rates and a huge saving in landfill tax costs. AVDC are extremely grateful to the parishioners in the district for helping to make this successful.
Residents who find their recycling bin filling up too quickly can apply for a larger, or additional recycling bin and an extra food waste bin too. It also helps if non-recyclable items such as plastic bags, plant pots and polystyrene food trays are not put in the blue lidded recycling bin but put in the ordinary green waste bin.
Residents interested in applying for a larger or additional recycling or food waste bin should go to the AVDC website www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk and click on @apply for it'. New garden waste customers can sign up online in the same way.
Clerk to Edlesborough Parish Council: Penny Pataky, 01525 229 358
or email: [email protected]
Please note office hours are Monday-Friday 10.30am-2.30pm. Messages may be left on an answer phone outside of these hours.