The Council Tax 2004/5
The Parish Council asked AVDC for £44,500 (£1,000 or a 2.3% increase over 2003/4), in order to run the Parish of Edlesborough which consists of Edlesborough, Dagnall and Northall.
The amount payable per a household is set out below:
The money is used for running:
- Street Lighting,
- Purchase and emptying of dog bins,
- Grass Cutting at the Churchyard and Cemetery
- Maintenance of the Parish Cemetery and War Memorial
- Grass Cutting on Edlesborough Green and Dagnall Recreation Field
- Hedge cutting Edlesborough Green, Parish Cemetery, Northall and Dagnall Allotments
- Allotments in Dagnall, Northall and two in Edlesborough
- Website, Administration
- Salaries: The Clerk, Bookings Secretary, Cleaners and Handyman
- Upkeep of Notice Boards and the two Bus Shelters in Edlesborough
- Maintenance of the Green, Children's Playground, Pavilion and Memorial Hall in Edlesborough
- A contribution towards the upkeep of Dagnall and Northall Village Halls
- General maintenance as required around the villages
- Projects this year include:
- Traffic Calming in Edlesborough, Dagnall and Northall
- Facilities for Teenagers in Edlesborough
- Edlesborough Playground overhaul
- Additional dog bins – these have already been installed.
- Two dog bins in Northall: near the Village Hall and at the Allotments
- Two dog bins in Dagnall both ends of the Allotments
- One dog bin in Edlesborough on the Green at the Pebblemoor end
- On going projects are:
- The Parish Plan
- Pavilion upgrade and extension
- Access to the Cemetery
- On going traffic calming in Edlesborough, Dagnall and Northall to tie in with the 2005/6 review.
New notice Board at Edlesborough Churchyard
The Parish Council would like to thank Stephen Janes for the Notice Board at the Church that he kindly made and donated.
Roving Village Refuse Freighter Service
This year Aylesbury Vale District Council is providing a collection of Household Waste in July at Northall Village Hall Car Park Tuesday 13 July 2003 7.30am to 11.00 am.
There will be another collection in November; dates will be posted nearer the time.
Another date with SID
The Parish Council is happy to welcome back SID who will be in:
- Dagnall from Wednesday 7 July 2004
- Edlesborough from Wednesday 14 July 2004
- Northall from Wednesday 21 July 2004
For those of you who don't know, SID is a Speed Indicating Device. A driver drives towards SID; a display board will light up indicating their speed with a happy or sad face depending on whether you are driving within the speed limit or not. It collects data and is manned by volunteers who have a brief training. If you live in Dagnall or Northall or Edlesborough and wish to volunteer please contact the Clerk.
Clerk to Edlesborough Parish Council: Penny Pataky, 01525 229 358
or email: [email protected]
Please note office hours are Monday-Friday 10.30am-2.30pm. Messages may be left on an answer phone outside of these hours.
Focus - June 2004 was published on June 1, 2004