The Chairman formally introduced Lin Sargeant as the new Clerk to the Parish Council and a new Councillor for Northall is due to be co-opted at the next Parish Council Meeting on 16th September.
At the July Parish Council meeting the Chairman presented a bouquet to the outgoing Clerk, Maggie Kerr, in appreciation of all her help and input whilst she had served the Parish Council.
Marilyn Prys-Jones has been appointed Vice Chairman of the newly formed General Purpose Committee.
During the ‘Summer Recess’ various works have been carried out to Street Lighting, letting of Allotments in Edlesborough and Dagnall and general repairs works to Edlesborough Memorial Hall, the Pavilion and to the Play area on Edlesborough Green.
Mobile Library Services
As from 6th September 2004 the Mobile Library stops in Edlesborough Parish will be at the following times and places:
- Northall - Chapel Lane Alternate Tuesdays 11.30am - 11.50am
- Dagnall - Nelson Road Alternate Tuesdays 12.05pm - 12.25pm
- Dagnall School Alternate Tuesdays 12.30pm - 12.50pm
For details of dates and any further information please see the Mobile librarian, or contact any Buckinghamshire library. Web-site: www.buckscc.gov.uk/libraries
SID (Speed Indicating Device)
With the help of many volunteer parishioners SID was manned throughout the three villages during July and the results are being monitored. It does appear from the information gathered that many drivers are still ignoring the speed limits particularly on the A4146 through Northall and Dagnall and in the Village of Edlesborough.
AVDC Village Freighter Service
The Village Freighter Service will be visiting the three Villages in November as under:
- Wednesday 10th November 2004 - Dagnall Village all Hall Car Park 7.30am - 11.00am
- Monday 15th November 2004 - Edlesborough Village Hall Car Park 7.30am - 11.00am
- Tuesday 16th November 2004 - Northall Village Hall Car Park 12.00noon - 15.30pm
It is requested that refuse is NOT LEFT on the site prior to the Freighter arriving as this will be regarded as fly tipping and offenders may be prosecuted.
This service is provided for the collection of Household Waste and does not include the following items:
- Fridges and Freezers: Clinical Waste: Tyres, Exhausts, Batteries, Oils etc.: Hazardous Waste - Asbestos etc.: Commercial Waste - Any waste generated as part of a business: Building Rubble etc.: Paint, Liquids etc.
Arrangements can be made for the collection of any of the above items, which is a chargeable service, for information contact: 01296 585510
Clerk to Edlesborough Parish Council: Penny Pataky, 01525 229 358
or email: [email protected]
Please note office hours are Monday-Friday 10.30am-2.30pm. Messages may be left on an answer phone outside of these hours.
Focus - October 2004 was published on October 1, 2004